Issue: Many HR departments can't afford e-training and education programs.
Benefit: Using basic, inexpensive do-it-yourself training tools, you can cut costs and earn praise for your big-picture thinking.
Action: Use the online tools and tips cited below.
While the cost of e-learning programs is steadily declining, many still remain too expensive for small and medium-size organizations with limited HR budgets. But you don't need a lot of money to create e-learning programs and impress senior executives with your ability to stretch HR dollars.
Advice: Turn to free and low-cost training tools available online. Don't try to create complex training programs in-house. That would chew up too much of your time and could hurt training quality.
Instead, do-it-yourself e-learning is best for purposes such as educating support staff about new products, orientating new hires and informing staff about benefits or oth...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- To the winner goes ... the loser's legal bill
- Case study: Look closely at consultants' motives
- Domestic-partner benefits: Don't fear cost, controversy
- Returning from FMLA leave may require ADA accommodation