• Elevate the clarity of your writing by using the inverted pyramid style that journalists use: Put conclusions first, followed by background. Tell readers within the first two sentences why they should continue reading. Otherwise, they may skip to something else.
• Go ahead, give someone a high five or a supportive pat on the back. Moments of human touch carry more weight than you’d think, say researchers. Physical contact can lead to immediate changes in how people think and behave. Example: In one study, students who received a supportive touch on the back or arm from a teacher were nearly twice as likely to volunteer in class as those who did not.
• Send large files fast by using a free service such as YouSendIt Lite (www.yousendit.com). You upload a file, and YouSendIt sends a notification to the recipient, who then picks it up. Tip: To keep files secure, consider upgrading to the Business version.
• Gain credibility by...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What's Working: 6 Hot Compensation & Benefits Best Practices
- You can be sued for what you say during an investigation
- Beauty Smart settles after rejecting non-Korean applicant
- Hiring during the downturn? Stacks of résumés are no excuse for sloppy practices