Looking for a vendor to start or take over your organization’s? U.S. Preventive Medicine offers a five-item shopping list to guide your decision:
1. Accredited. If you’re working with an outside vendor, choose one that is accredited by an objective, third-party organization like the National Committee for Qualification Assurance.
2. Independent. Employees want to know that the personal information they reveal about their health and lifestyles will remain confidential from their employer and from their insurance providers.
3. Personalized. It’s not enough to offer weight-loss and exercise programs. A good wellness program has a personal component that allows an employee to customize based on his or her goals and health risks. Employees like personal attention—in the form of coaches or nurse hotlines—as well.
4. Compliant. Your provider should know and comply with local, state and federal regulations for discrimination and privacy.
5. Accountable. Choose a vendor that is willing to help your in-house wellness team advertise the program to employees and recruit them to join it, and to help workers achieve their wellness goals. Before you sign a contract, ask for a written commitment to program goals, as well as for a projected return on investment and an explanation of how the organization will measure the program’s success.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11488/look-for-these-5-qualities-when-choosing-a-wellness-provider "