New York-based accounting and consulting firm Deloitte has found an easier way for job-seekers to determine whether they’ll fit into the company’s culture before they submit applications: by placing employee testimonials in Internet social media channels.
The company’s new recruiting campaign—called “It’s your future. How far will you take it?”—includes a recruiting micro-site (www.deloitte.com/yourfuture) and Twitter feed called “Life at Deloitte.” Both feature profiles of Deloitte employees and offer potential recruits a glimpse of what it is like to work there.
“Our goal is to offer recruits the most in-depth look at our organization to help them decide if Deloitte is truly the place for them,” said Diane Borhani, Deloitte’s U.S. campus recruiting leader.
In addition, a Deloitte Facebook page features photos, videos and interactive message boards so potential recruits can chat with HR and employees.
A campus-focused LinkedIn group serves a similar purpose, and a “Your Future at Deloitte” YouTube channel plays video testimonials from satisfied employees.
Contact: Diane Borhani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Disability group honors 9 firms for leadership
- In hiring, don't overvalue interview skills; courts question subjective decision-making
- Hiring relatives creates friendly culture at Ohio firm
- Stick with termination decision--and don't hint that you're open to reconsidering