New York-based accounting and consulting firm Deloitte has found an easier way for job-seekers to determine whether they’ll fit into the company’s culture before they submit applications: by placing employee testimonials in Internet social media channels.
The company’s new recruiting campaign—called “It’s your future. How far will you take it?”—includes a recruiting micro-site (www.deloitte.com/yourfuture) and Twitter feed called “Life at Deloitte.” Both feature profiles of Deloitte employees and offer potential recruits a glimpse of what it is like to work there.
“Our goal is to offer recruits the most in-depth look at our organization to help them decide if Deloitte is truly the place for them,” said Diane Borhani, Deloitte’s U.S. campus recruiting leader.
In addition, a Deloitte Facebook page features photos, videos and interactive message boards so potential recruits can chat with HR and employees.
A campus-focused LinkedIn group serves a similar purpose, and a “Your Future at Deloitte” YouTube channel plays video testimonials from satisfied employees.
Contact: Diane Borhani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EMC grooms leaders in-house as part of development strategy
- More employers are telling sick workers to stay home
- There's just no guessing about cross-dressing: Focus hiring on qualifications, not appearance
- Four Seasons employees get free hotel stays
- Is employee disabled or not? How to make the ADA call