Issue: U.S. employers lose nearly $60 billion each year due to trade-secret theft, but many still often overlook this risk.
Risk: Your organization can be ruined if competitors gain access to customer lists, manufacturing methods or other proprietary data.
Action: Wow top managers by presenting them with a plan to secure your organization's secrets.
Think "trade secrets" are something only Bill Gates should be concerned about? Think again.
Your organization likely holds some kind of information that, if it fell into the wrong hands, could crush it financially. And if you don't have a plan to secure your proprietary information, it's much harder to seek relief in court if someone steals those secrets.
Advice: Take the initiative to draft a strategy, working with IT, security or other appropriate staff, that aims to safeguard company secrets. By pitching the idea as a risk-reducing, cost-saving enterprise, you'll boost y...(register to read more)
- 'I'm having health problems': 7 steps for handling the interactive conversation
- Can we fire? Doctor added 3 months to injured worker's restrictions
- Firing Offense: When is 'Shoot the Boss' Comment Not Considered a 'Threat'?
- E-Verify again an eligibility verification option for Illinois employers
- EEO-1 compliance: Prepare to comply with the new EEO-1