Xe Services, the Moyock-based defense contractor formerly known as Blackwater, faces three lawsuits by former trainers who claim the company misclassified them as independent contractors. The suit seeks overtime pay.
Benjamin Williams, David Bogo and Brian Maher filed the suit in federal court in Raleigh, claiming they should have been classified as employees back when the company went by the name of Blackwater. The men were trainers at the company’s Moyock facility and the Navy Annex in Chesapeake, Va.
The three hope this suit serves as the basis for a class-action suit against the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Retirement crisis worsens, no rebound from recession
- 6 talking points to get management buy-in for your HR budget
- Use greater experience, extra skills to justify why you pay some employees more than others
- COBRA claim for employee who didn't sign up for health insurance?