On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed into law a landmark health care reform bill, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It ushers in major changes in the way employers provide and pay for health insurance for their employees. This page provides links to information and training on the new law:
SUPREME COURT'S DECISION upholding the Affordable Care Act
- Analysis: Supreme Court's landmark health care reform decision (7/24/12)
- Health reform law: Supreme Court upholds ACA -- What it means for employers (6/28/2012)
- Game on! Supreme Court hears health care reform arguments (3/27/12)
ACA COMPLIANCE: 2013
- Heard about the ACA's $63 per head reinsurance fee? (5/9/13)
- Know the regs that help avoid ACA free-rider penalties (5/2/13)
- Design health plan to attract low-wage workers (4/26/13)
- Health care reform: California weighs in on essential health benefits (4/23/13)
- Small biz insurance choices limited in 2014 (4/12/2013)
- Health care reform: Prepare now for changes coming in 2014 (4/11/13)
- Don't get stung by Obamacare's play-or-pay provisions (4/3/13)
- Learn how to count employees under ACA's employer mandate (3/21/13)
- Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat (3/18/13)
- The feds say 'never mind' on ACA health exchange notices (3/12/13)
- Health exchange employee notice requirement postponed (2/26/13)
- IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision (2/25/13)
- Employee health benefits notification begins March 1 (1/23/13)
- Self-insured plans, HSAs, HRAs must pay research fees (1/9/13)
- How to survive a DOL audit of your health insurance plan (1/9/13)
ACA COMPLIANCE: 2012
- Self-insured? New health plan fees due to IRS in July (12/24/12)
- Health plans audited for health care reform compliance (12/18/12)
- Health insurance under new rules: Will you pay or play? (11/20/12)
- Need health insurance options for your small business? (11/14/12)
- With Obama re-elected, kick ACA compliance into high gear (11/06/12)
- Safe harbor protects employers from free-rider penalties (10/30/12)
- The cost of new health care law? 14 cents a pizza (10/10/12)
- IRS cuts slack under final health premium tax credit regs (9/18/12)
- Health reform: After Supreme Court vote, compliance scramble begins (8/22/12)
- Reminder: Give employees summary of benefits/coverage (8/21/12)
- 9% of employers may drop health benefits by 2014 (8/16/12)
- What employers must do now to meet Affordable Care Act deadlines (8/03/12)
- After Supreme Court's ACA ruling, 5 strategic steps to take (7/11/12)
- After Supreme Court ruling, plan now for W-2 health care reporting (7/03/12)
EARLIER ACA COMPLIANCE
- Health care reform: Mark your calendar with these milestones (8/24/10)
- The hidden HR hurdles of health care reform (4/06/10)
- Understanding HR's role in the new health care reform law (3/26/10)
- Health Care Reform: Employers’ Legal Update. What should you be doing NOW to comply with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)? How can you keep costs to a minimum? With the employer mandate looming, what are your options — and should your organization “pay or play”? In this essential webinar, benefits experts Richard Paul and Matthew Schenck explain how to comply with the ACA's complex requirements.
- Fact Sheet: Keeping the Health Plan You Have: The Affordable Care Act and “Grandfathered” Health Plans. The government portal for health reform law information, HealthReform.gov, offers this primer on the regulation that explains how employers can retain grandfather status for their health plans and, therefore, avoid certain requirements under the new law. The U.S. Labor Department publised a side-by-side table showing which provisions grandfathered plans are exempt from.
- The IRS has begun publishing regulations and guidance on various aspects of the new law, including the tax status of dependent health coverage and the tax credits designed to encourage small employers to offer coverage. The IRS also released a worksheet to see if your organization would be eligible for the credits.
- Critical Employer Issues in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, a free 36-page primer published by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
MODEL EMPLOYEE NOTICE LANGUAGE (from the U.S. Department of Labor)
- Model Notice Language: Extension of Dependent Coverage to Age 26
- Model Notice Language: Lifetime Limit No Longer Applies
- Model Notice Language: Patient Protection Model Disclosure
- Model Notice Language: "Grandfathered' Plan Status
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11469/the-affordable-care-act-health-care-reform-law "