Q. Is it legal to requireemployees to give us a longer resignation period than other employees?
A. You can certainly ask management employees to provide a longer notice of resignation. However, it’s difficult to enforce that requirement.
Some companies make termination benefits (such as severance pay) or payout of accrued vacation contingent on employees providing the requisite notice. This may be a viable option depending on state law and your company’s policies.
- Do the math before taking action <br/> against employee on FMLA leave
- Don't be fooled: 'Quit or be fired' won't stop employee from filing lawsuit
- Bergen hospital nurse claims retaliation after reporting abuse
- Workplace in turmoil? Here's how to know where to start cleaning house
- Turn tardy worker into punctual pro