Q. Is it legal to requireemployees to give us a longer resignation period than other employees?
A. You can certainly ask management employees to provide a longer notice of resignation. However, it’s difficult to enforce that requirement.
Some companies make termination benefits (such as severance pay) or payout of accrued vacation contingent on employees providing the requisite notice. This may be a viable option depending on state law and your company’s policies.
- Accept public funds? Then don't use religion as basis for making employment decisions
- Firing meetings: Let workers talk; 'zip it' doesn't work
- Poor performer has complained? Read this before firing!
- Houston defense firm pays up in 'regarded as disabled' case
- Stop retaliation against workers who tip off drug use