Q. Is it legal to requireemployees to give us a longer resignation period than other employees?
A. You can certainly ask management employees to provide a longer notice of resignation. However, it’s difficult to enforce that requirement.
Some companies make termination benefits (such as severance pay) or payout of accrued vacation contingent on employees providing the requisite notice. This may be a viable option depending on state law and your company’s policies.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Make sure you ask for FMLA certification each time employee says she needs leave
- Monitoring the virtual water cooler: Employees on Facebook and more
- Employee sued and now she's back at work? Don't walk on eggshells for fear of retaliation
- Dangers of de-perking