Q. Can we offer our overtime pay during a pay period? If we can, do we have to offer it at one and a half times, just like overtime is paid? For example, if an employee works one hour of overtime, do we have to give him one and a half hours of comp time?comp time instead of
A. You shouldn’t offer comp time to nonexempt employees if you are a private (nongovernmental) employer.
For nongovernmental employees, comp time cannot be used as a substitute for paying nonexempt employees overtime for hours worked over 40 in a week.
- When competition might come from within, keep employees honest
- Congress Approves Bill to Expand ADA's Definition of 'Disability'
- Lawsuit-free hiring: The 5 laws you need to know & 4 steps you need to take
- Better brainstorming: How to inspire group creativity
- In tight times, be prepared to handle whistle-blower complaints