While 13% of employers cut employees’ pay between late 2008 and October 2009, about 29% of those planned to rescind those cuts in the following 12 months, says a recent survey by HR association WorldatWork. About 15% said the pay cuts were permanent.
Example: FedEx is resuming some raises, but from levels that were reduced by pay cuts.
- Curing the Lawsuit Epidemic: Check your glass ceilings for $19 million cracks
- HR technology: Shortcuts to find the best vendors, products
- 'Pool' together to ease pain at the pump
- RIF? Make sure layoff decision-makers don't know workers' FMLA status
- Does your organization need insurance against employee lawsuits?