A new Society for Human Resource(SHRM) survey of 2,000 HR professionals cites these as the top five competencies that senior HR leaders need to succeed today:
- Strategic thinking
- HR knowledge
- Ethical behavior.
While 95% of HR pros believe that HR knowledge can be cultivated, 61% think integrity is impossible to cultivate.
- It's OK to discipline employees for stonewalling HR investigations
- More than just paper: Sexual harassment policy won't work without supervisor training
- Twist on bias headed for Supreme Court? Cat's paw theory claws back
- Secrets of a CEO: 10 things HR needs to know
- HR Must Referee Employees' McCain-Obama Debates: Know the Law