a. Look the applicant up on social networking sites
b. Plug the person’s name into a Google search
c. Call the listed schools on the résumé to see if they’re legit
2. In its latest Hiring Index, ADP reported that what percentage of employment and education reference checks revealed discrepancies?
a. 21% b. 41% c. 61%
3. Salary-increase budgets in 2010 are predicted to rise at their lowest level in more than 20 years, says a Conference Board study. It forecasts the median salary increase this year at:
a. 1.9% b. 2.5% c. 2.8%
4. Employees sleep better, are sharper mentally and have lower blood pressure when they’re allowed to:
a. Have more control of their work schedules
b. Work in offices, not cubicles
c. Work in single-sex environments
5. Employers cite this as their No. 1 challenge related to employees taking for chronic conditions:
a. Gauging the legitimacy of leave requests
b. Tracking the employee’s use of
c. Cost associated with loss of productivity
Sources: 1. SHRM 2009 survey; 2. ADP Hiring Index; 3. The Conference Board; 4. Cochrane Collaboration study; 5. SHRM.
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. c 4. a 5. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11427/the-hr-iq-test-april-10 "
- Can we request FMLA recertification for each migraine?
- Incremental vacation time is legal, but not best option
- Use online tests to find best customer service staff
- Leadership strategies for those difficult employee discussions
- Prepare to determine, when the allegations fly: Sexual harassment--or just some clueless guy?