While many provisions won’t kick in until as late as 2014, some take effect this year (see box below).
Most of those immediate changes affect health insurers and the coverage they must offer. But if your organization provides health benefits, you need to understand this short-term timetable.
Advice: Work with your insurance carrier to learn about how it plans to roll out these new mandates. Your health coverage will be different, and it’s up to insurance companies to communicate those changes to you. But it’s up to you to inform employees about them. Ask your carrier to help develop benefits communications materials you can ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- HR in the new year: 10 trends, 10 resolutions
- Attach a dollar figure to every key HR initiative
- Ill advice: When do you stay home from work, when do you drag yourself in?
- Shop smart for business insurance