At the Pepsi Bottling Co. in Somers, N.Y., even the employees’ money is a health concern.
Since the organization introduced a “financial” in 2008, more than 20,000 of its 33,000 U.S. employees have participated.
The Healthy Money program offers employees a web site with video workshops, financial workbooks, “life event” financial planning guides and unlimited online access to financial consultants from PricewaterhouseCoopers.
In addition, the firm runs on-site workshops that focus on topics like saving for retirement, creating a budget, paying for college and teaching teens about money.
In a survey of participants, one employee wrote that the program “makes me feel valued,” reports Kristi Hinck, senior manager of public relations and community affairs.
Contact: Kristi Hinck at (914) 767-7690.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Study cites New York as a hotbed of wage-and-hour claims
- How closely can we monitor contractors without creating an employment relationship?
- Don't let managers hire or fire based on family health costs
- Use new govt. data to benchmark benefit percentages