But the improving economy and resulting positive headlines are causing more employees to wonder when this good news will trickle down to their own paychecks. And unions are using this unease as a way to organize new members.
“You’re seeing rising expectations of employees, but the conditions may not be changing in your organization. That’s a perfect nexus for unions to come into your workplace and say, ‘You need our help’,” David Rittof, founder of the Chicago-based consulting firm Modern
Unions also see that only 45% of
Advice: The best union repellent is to keep employees content and don’t give than any reasons to seek outside representation. How?
- Treat all employees fairly and consistently
- Be visible on a daily basis
- Keep an open door and open books
- Act promptly on conflicts or issues raised by employees
- Express a sincere desire to hear employees' concerns
- Involve employees in decisions
- Always show appreciation for employees’ efforts.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11363/as-economy-rebounds-unions-feed-off-i-want-my-slice-gripes "
- When religion causes a problem—or three—show why accommodating is a hardship
- Longer shifts allow employees an extra day off every 2 weeks
- You don't have to put up with disruptive behavior
- EEOC offers new guidance to avoid bias against employee/caregivers
- Investigate and—if appropriate—punish fast following claims of hostile work environment