If you’re like many employers, you offer severance pay when you have to implement a reduction in force. Never pay severance without getting something in return from the employee, namely a release and waiver of liability. There’s an important catch to understand when you ask for such a release from older workers.
- Can we make employee cover up her tattoos?
- Leave off job application any language that limits time frames for employee to sue
- Fighting at work: Fire one, both or neither?
- Boca Raton gas station draws ire for alleged religious bias
- Walmart must defend against largest wage-and-hour class action in U.S. history