Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell has set a weighty goal for the commonwealth’s 1,500 employees: lose 10 pounds each in 13 weeks.
During the challenge, which began Feb. 15 and ends in mid-May, employees of the state of Virginia who choose to participate will compete on four-person teams and weigh in weekly. Total weight loss—and the winners—will be posted on May 19, National Employee Health and Fitness Day.
The state offers free wellness and preventive care benefits to employees and family members covered by state health plans. Last year, state employees shed a combined 24,000 pounds in a state partnership with Weight Watchers.
Contact: Anne Waring at the Virginia Department of Human Resource , (804) 371-2578.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- What you must know, what you must do about health care reform
- Take steps to stop pervasive anti-female attitudes, practices
- What's stressing out your colleagues and employees?
- New 'red flag' identity theft mandate takes effect May 1