Employees of Newark, Del.-based W.L. Gore & Associates are drafting new colleagues—by starring as themselves in videos about the company on a recruiting web site.
The maker of GORE-TEX waterproof breathable fabrics and other textile, industrial and medical products enlisted employees for its “Join Gore & Change Your Life” campaign. The goal: Attract job candidates by sharing the experiences of their would-be colleagues.
At the core of the campaign is a web site (www.gore.com/change-life) that gives potential employees a peek inside the organization. It features testimonials from employees who have worked on projects that led to new treatments for heart defects and protective clothing for firefighters, for example.
“By focusing on product success stories, the campaign goes a long way toward educating potential job applicants about what we do,” says Barbara Pizzala, a recruiter. “And just as important, it puts our collaborative culture front and center.”
Contact: Barbara Pizzala at (410) 506-7787.
- Employees sit up and beg for pet lovers' insurance
- Don't reject convicted felons unless you have legitimate business reason
- After Google search revealed that applicant smokes and drinks, can we refuse to hire him?
- To google or not: Legitimate screening method or privacy breach?
- Little things can add up to discrimination and harassment