Employees of Newark, Del.-based W.L. Gore & Associates are drafting new colleagues—by starring as themselves in videos about the company on a recruiting web site.
The maker of GORE-TEX waterproof breathable fabrics and other textile, industrial and medical products enlisted employees for its “Join Gore & Change Your Life” campaign. The goal: Attract job candidates by sharing the experiences of their would-be colleagues.
At the core of the campaign is a web site (www.gore.com/change-life) that gives potential employees a peek inside the organization. It features testimonials from employees who have worked on projects that led to new treatments for heart defects and protective clothing for firefighters, for example.
“By focusing on product success stories, the campaign goes a long way toward educating potential job applicants about what we do,” says Barbara Pizzala, a recruiter. “And just as important, it puts our collaborative culture front and center.”
Contact: Barbara Pizzala at (410) 506-7787.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 7 deadly questions: What hiring managers can't ask
- OSHA suspects underreporting of work injuries; launches new audit program to find true numbers
- Tighten I-9 practices in advance of new legislation
- Labor Department settles bias claim against Irving firm