Who likes confrontation at work? Yet that fear of confrontation can drive a manager to write a glowing evaluation for an average or poor-performing employee—just to avoid conflict and hurt feelings. One court recently warned managers to get over the fear and document accurately … or you’ll lose key legal defenses needed to win discrimination lawsuits.
- Employee late submitting FMLA certification? Don't just fire! Find out why
- It's important to track discipline by type and degree
- No need to give 'bonus points' to disabled applicants
- What's likely to happen when an employee waits two months to charge harassment?
- Pregnancy & maternity leave: A legal guide and sample policy