Once again it's time for "March Madness." If your workplace is like many, talk of NCAA tournament picks and the Final Four will be everywhere, as well as bets on the games. While office pools are a lot of fun, they also can present some risk for employers. Consider having a written policy regarding workplace gambling to prevent things from getting out of control.
- Quick application of anti-harassment policy cuts liability--even in highly charged race cases
- Veteran finds hostile environment at Lockheed Martin
- Beware new court trend: Employees use expert to shift blame for failure
- Employee refuses to follow instructions? Courts won't second-guess disciplinary decisions
- No individual liability under Texas Whistleblower Act or Labor Code