Q. I heard that Facebook use is really picking up, but I don’t think most of our employees are that tech-savvy. Should I be concerned about my employees accessing social networking sites while at work?
A. Yes. Recent statistics indicate that social networking sites are hugely popular right now and chances are high that your employees are using them, too.
According to some sources, the number of Facebook users has been doubling every six months. Twitter usage increased by a staggering 1,382% between 2008 and 2009. LinkedIn has become the go-to site for professional networking and job candidate research.
The demographics of these multiplying users are particularly remarkable. According to IStrategy Labs, the 35-to-54-year-old population, which probably makes up a significant percentage of your workforce, has been the fastest-growing segment of new Facebook users. That age group was experiencing a 276.4% growth rate in l...(register to read more)
- EEOC drives a stake into heart of age-Based retirement policies
- Hiring or promoting? OK to discount experience if it's trumped by other factors
- The ADA requirements for accommodating depression and psychiatric disabilities
- Despite contract, union members can sue directly
- Don't let EEOC complaint derail planned firing