Q. I heard that Facebook use is really picking up, but I don’t think most of our employees are that tech-savvy. Should I be concerned about my employees accessing social networking sites while at work?
A. Yes. Recent statistics indicate that social networking sites are hugely popular right now and chances are high that your employees are using them, too.
According to some sources, the number of Facebook users has been doubling every six months. Twitter usage increased by a staggering 1,382% between 2008 and 2009. LinkedIn has become the go-to site for professional networking and job candidate research.
The demographics of these multiplying users are particularly remarkable. According to IStrategy Labs, the 35-to-54-year-old population, which probably makes up a significant percentage of your workforce, has been the fastest-growing segment of new Facebook users. That age group was experiencing a 276.4% growth rate in l...(register to read more)
- EEOC challenges gender bias at Irving transportation firm
- Give staff at least 15 days to obtain FMLA certification
- Try to settle FMLA claims: Appeals court says you don't need DOL's prior approval
- How to prevent religious discrimination at work
- Texas employers: Getting bias cases into federal court just got a little easier