In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Stop litigious employees' amateur sleuthing! Set policies to ban unauthorized recordings
- Feel free to discipline or terminate employees who insist on working unauthorized overtime
- Before firing, make sure employee hasn't made any recent safety complaints
- Decrease in Overtime Hours Not Necessarily an 'Adverse Action'