In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- COBRA subsidy available even after 'involuntary' termination
- Policy calls for firing after leave is exhausted? Make sure you apply it consistently
- Tragic personal history doesn't excuse misbehavior
- Saving for college? Benefit from little-noticed Section 529 changes