In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Riffed Latrobe staff wants EEOC inquiry: Was bias involved?
- Your dollars at risk: 6 ways to protect yourself from personal liability
- Complaining about working conditions—And public policy violations—Also protected
- Clarify your vacation policy or cough up extra pay