In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- Key to beating lawsuit: Belief worker broke rule
- How to conduct a 30-minute employee handbook audit
- OK to treat similar rule violations differently--as long as you document your rationale
- Look at duties—Not job title—When determining FLSA status
- Genetic information and testing under Michigan law and GINA