In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How far must you go in Florida to protect employees' data?
- Terminated employee asked for reference? Choose your words carefully
- Training customers how to use business software doesn't count as exempt work
- Terminations: 6 steps to ensure firing won't backfire