In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Climb over the hill of age discrimination claims
- Solid reasons for firing protect against retaliation charges
- Accounting employee has filed for bankruptcy: Will we get in legal trouble if we fire her?
- txtng@wrk can mean no unemployment benefits