In addition to using exit interviews that ask employees why they're leaving, conduct regular "stay interviews" to learn what your organization is doing right (and wrong) and to show that you care about employees' input. Ask questions such as: "Do you believe the organization cares about you?" "Do you enjoy your work?" "Is your compensation fair?" and "How can we bring more satisfaction and fun to the workplace?"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Being placed on performance improvement plan isn't grounds to claim 'constructive discharge'
- Appeals court dumps Wyeth whistle-Blower's claim
- Find retention answers from 'Ones who got away'
- Employers cut absent workers a little slack this year