1. You’ll get more from the rest of your team. Prima donnas are productivity and morale killers. When they’re playing their game, everyone around them is miserable, resentful and spending most of their energy griping about the prima donna.
Take the diva (or divo, as the case may be) out of the picture and everyone else gets on with the work. As a leader, you’ll likely be pleasantly surprised by how much more creative the rest of your team is when they get to breathe some of the oxygen the prima donna was sucking out of the room.
2. You’ll send the right message. While it feels a little strange to quote Karl Marx, curing a prima donna situation is one in which the good of the many outweighs the good of the few. By getting rid of the prima donna, you send the message that the health and welfare of the team is more important than the ego of any individual.
Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. Arm yourself with the proven strategies in Hire at Will and Fire at Will3. You’ll save yourself headaches. As tough as it can be to let go of someone who is getting results at a critical time, you’ve got to do it and look at it as an investment in the long-term success of your team.
It’s like removing a Band-Aid from your arm. You know the Band-Aid will pull some hairs out when you remove it. You can just rip it off or peel it slowly. Either way, it’s going to hurt. You might as well rip it off and get it over with. The same is true of firing someone who’s established a history of being a long-term source of heartburn and headaches. Get it over with.
Do it today — before prima donnas and other bad apples waste any more of your time, energy … or profits!
You can do it — with the hiring and firing techniques in Hire at Will and Fire at Will.
And, once you've cleared out the clock-watchers and whiners, you’ll be ready to replenish your ranks with honest, hard-working team members.
That's why we are now releasing our top-selling reports, Fire at Will and Hire at Will. These invaluable “boss’s rights manuals” to help business professionals across the country get rid of dead weight and hire the high achievers who can make your organization surge.
Get your copies today!
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Must we mail former employee's last paycheck?
- Firing because you suspect thievery: Better be prepared to prove it
- Recruiting college students? Consider all ages
- Aggressive employee terrifies co-workers? Now that's failing to meet expectations!