Interested in combating potential
It gives you the right to obtain information from the employee’s physician about the ailment and (at least for the first certification) to obtain a second or third opinion from an independent physician.
To make sure employees take only leave to which they are entitled, follow these 10 steps:
1. Obtain a medical certification for each request for leave due to a serious health condition. It’s important that your sick leave or attendance policy requires a doctor’s certification for all absences of three or more days for the leave to be excused. If there’s no such requirement and you intend to require paid leave to run concurrent with FMLA leave, you might not be able to require a medical certification, which is the first step in an anti-fraud program.
2. Enforce a pol...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Battling the clock? 4 ways to win
- Check your FMLA policy: Does it comply with new leave expansions?
- When a Star Employee Makes More Than You Do
- Checklist: 9 Steps to Sniffing Out Suspicious FMLA Requests