Because employment laws and your business are in a constant state of flux, it’s critical to keep your personnel policies up-to-date. As spring approaches (yes, it will be here someday), one item on every HR professional’s spring cleaning list should be a review of the organization’s
In light of recent legal changes, be sure your policies include these updates:
Include genetic information on your list of protected classes.
As we reported last month, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) recently went into effect. GINA prohibits discrimination based on employees’ and applicants’ genetic information, and that of their family members as well.
Genetic information includes the results of genetic tests, along with information about family medical histories.
As a result of this new law, you should add genetic information to the list of protected characteristics in ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Tampa travel agencies sued for sexually hostile workplace
- Uber settles lawsuit for $100M, retains contractor status
- Walmart settles after NLRA charge in Hastings
- If you need to discipline, verify facts with several sources