Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- Courts rein in some out-of-bounds employee lawsuits
- Firing after FMLA leave: How soon is 'too soon'?
- How should we handle pay for employee who will be out two weeks on National Guard duty?
- When the EEOC is on the prowl, it may be time to consider settling
- Your guide to medical confidentiality under the ADA and the FMLA