Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- Of MySpace & Money: Don't try to muzzle millennials' salary talk
- Payroll records and FLSA: Could I be personally liable?
- To prevent retaliation claim, check back within weeks following employee's complaint
- If FMLA will soon expire, start interactive ADA process
- You're not required to give reservists a post-duty rest period