Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- Investigate before disciplining harassment victim
- No individual liability under Texas Whistleblower Act or Labor Code
- Court: Employees must give employers chance to fix errors
- Irony: Motherhood Maternity settles pregnancy-bias suit
- Ensure past FMLA leave doesn't affect decision to rehire rebound applicant