Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Perez won't commit to timeline for revising FLSA's overtime rules
- Can you fire an employee for threatening suicide?
- Employees filed job-discrimination complaints with EEOC in near-record numbers last year
- OT would have been cheaper: L.A. company owes $3.2 million