Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employee handbooks: Craft with care to secure 'at-will' policy
- You can require back-to-work fitness certification after FMLA leave
- Existing attendance policy ignored? Start enforcing rules now
- Military spouse on leave? Employee has leave rights, too