Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- Check calendar when employee files EEOC complaint
- OK to fire worker who took FMLA leave--as long as reason doesn't involve FMLA
- Your dollars at risk: 6 ways to protect yourself from personal liability
- Sued for counting FMLA against fired worker? Prove you planned to discharge anyway
- Break into vacation-Leave bank if sick leave is empty