Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- Beware new trend: Courts increasingly cut slack for vets
- Accommodate disabled workers, but don't accept mediocre job performance
- Make sure employees know FMLA policy on returning to work
- Build a Sturdy 'Escape Hatch' Into Your Organization's Discipline Policy
- Employee benefits stable in '08 despite slump