Q. Our company employs fewer than 50 people, so we don't have to comply with
A. You really have no good reason to explain that your employees aren't covered under FMLA or, for that matter, any other laws. Still, many employers that are too small to fall under FMLA choose to offer benefits. In that case, you must explain your leave policies in your handbook.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Should you use an apology to head off employee lawsuit?
- If you provide on-site housing, any injuries may go beyond workers' comp
- Set objective criteria for renewing employee contracts
- Do the math before taking action <br/> against employee on FMLA leave