Without you realizing it, low morale can creep into your organization. Check every day to make sure people stay in tune. Here are 10 sour notes to listen for, according to the new bookWhen the Heat's On:
1. Uncooperative attitudes. These are easily detected, even if you can’t tell what’s wrong right off.
2. Lack of enthusiasm. This is different from an uncooperative attitude. If they’re bored, they’re not sold on the mission.
3. Absence of commitment. If the leaders don’t believe in it, do you think employees will?
4. Fault-finding. People can find fault in anything, but when they do work they believe in with co-workers they trust, it doesn’t happen.
5. Increasing complaints. By the time you become aware of complaints, the situation is pretty bad.
6. Growing tardiness and. These are grounds for disciplinary action, but they also trigger an alarm for the astute leader.
7. Deterioration in the appearan...(register to read more)