A few of the top web sites for administrative professionals, according to Monster.com:
• CEO Express: Links to all the news a busy executive—or assistant—could want. You’ll find links to daily papers such as The New York Times and The Washington Post, business news sources such as Barrons and McKinsey, health news sources such as Mayo Clinic, and specialty feeds such as Drudge Report.
• Refdesk: Another clearinghouse of info, this one features handy search boxes, a “word of the day” vocabulary builder and computer virus alerts.
• Microsoft Clip Art: Download graphics and photos from the site to enhance brochures, articles and presentations.
• USPS: One admin says she uses the U.S. Postal Service’s web site to find out package rates, expected delivery schedules, insurance info and rates for foreign destinations.
• BrainyBetty: Download free backgrounds for PowerPoint presentations, as well as templates for PowerPoint and Excel. Tip: Subscribe to the site’s blog so you can find out about new tips, tutorials and downloads.
• XE.com: A universal currency converter catering to overseas travelers.
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- You can lose a lot of time getting shapes and other objects in PowerPoint to line up
- Bay Area worker files sexual orientation harassment suit
- Subtle gaffes even smart women make
- Minute-taking Q&A: 3 expert answers