Can't you automatically pull the termination trigger if an employee nods off at his desk? Not necessarily. If an employee takes medications that cause drowsiness, you could find yourself on the wrong end of an ADA lawsuit. Here's a cautionary tale.
- As summer heats up, so does employer liability: 5 tips for the season
- Get ready for a new federally protected class: the unemployed
- Act fast on harassment claims, even if employee delayed
- Stray comments alone won't prove religious discrimination
- Genetic information and testing under Michigan law and GINA