1. OSHA has announced that it will soon require employers to track what kind of workplace injuries?
a. Repetitive-stress ergonomic injuries
b. Stress-related “mental injuries”
c. “BlackBerry thumb” strains
2. In 2008, only 19% of eligible ex-workers enrolled in their former employers’ COBRA plan. Since the new 65% subsidy took effect last March, that percentage has risen to:
a. 29% b. 39% c. 59%
3. The recession led 30% of employers to freeze salaries across the board in 2009. What percentage are planning across-the-board freezes in 2010?
a. 14% b. 24% c. 34%
4. In a new study, 45% of women but only 26% of men agreed with the statement that:
a. Men work at a slower place than women
b. Women have to be better than me to succeed in the workplace
c. Personal fulfillment is the most important aspect of a job
5. A new law signed by President Obama in December says federal contractors can no longer receive contracts above $1 million if they:
a. Fail to file a new BHO-44 form
b. Have lost a discrimination or overtime lawsuit in the past 12 months
c. Require employees to arbitrate certain job-discrimination claims
Sources: 1. OSHA; 2. Hewitt survey; 3. Mercer survey; 4. Cisco/Gender IQ survey; 5. 2010 Defense Appropriations Act
Answers: 1. a. 2. b 3. a 4. b 5. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11026/the-hr-iq-test-february-10 "