A new defense appropriations law extends COBRA premium subsidies.
Under the 2009 economic stimulus law, unemployed workers pay only 35% of their COBRA premiums for nine months, while their former employer pays the remaining 65%. The former employer is then reimbursed by the federal government in the form of reduced payroll taxes.
The new law extends the COBRA premium subsidy for up to 15 months and also allows it for employees who are “involuntarily terminated” in January and February of this year.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10994/cobra-subsidy-extended "
- Just-departed worker owes us money: Can we dock (or withhold) his final paycheck?
- How do the new Illinois Equal Pay Act rules affect my record-keeping obligations?
- Help staff pay tuition via a deferred-pay plan
- Don't make these 10 common tax return filing errors
- Lesson from the Tax Court: Serious mess for casual biz owner