Failing to comply with a new law could wind up costing some employers lots of money—if they’re self-insured or pay deductibles on Employment Practices Liability Insurance coverage. As of Jan. 1, entities that pay Medicare-eligible individuals to resolve claims involving medical expenses must report those payments to Medicare. The penalty for noncompliance: $1,000 per day.
- Just got served with court papers? It's OK to impose already-Planned discipline
- Profit from hidden pluses in new tax law
- Fighting for disabled, EEOC takes on churches
- N.J. Supreme Court: Strikers may be entitled to unemployment
- Don't write a zero-tolerance violence policy unless you plan to apply it every time