Q. We have an employee who is on leave for two weeks to care for her ill husband. She is also pregnant and has told us she wants to take
A. Probably yes, under the new . Even if an employer fails to properly designate an employee’s leave as FMLA leave, it’s permissible to retroactively designate the leave as FMLA leave, unless the employer’s failure to notify caused harm or injury to the employee.
- Remind supervisors: Absolutely no comments about employee's pending EEOC complaint
- Rush to fire or demote pregnant employee often backfires
- Beware 'injury discrimination' suits for failing to treat injured workers like other employees
- Is there such a thing as intermittent childbirth leave?
- Don't unwittingly discriminate against dads