Could an oversized waistline put your future career at risk?
Career columnist Anita Bruzzese (www.45things.com/blog.php) says, “If you’re carrying too much weight—enough to be considered overweight or obese—then you’re a concern to employers.”
Studies have shown that not only do overweight workers have higher and health care costs, but also they are less productive. Also, a Wayne State University study last year found that overweight workers are viewed negatively.
As a result, it may affect a hiring manager’s decision.
- Call lawyer before considering anything like a noncompete--even a gentlemen's agreement
- Problems with obtaining FMLA and wage-and-Hour releases
- Audit wages and salaries to identify hidden sex bias
- What's the downside of employee leave pools?
- Under a PTO plan, how should we handle payouts when employees quit or get fired?