Could an oversized waistline put your future career at risk?
Career columnist Anita Bruzzese (www.45things.com/blog.php) says, “If you’re carrying too much weight—enough to be considered overweight or obese—then you’re a concern to employers.”
Studies have shown that not only do overweight workers have higher and health care costs, but also they are less productive. Also, a Wayne State University study last year found that overweight workers are viewed negatively.
As a result, it may affect a hiring manager’s decision.
- Firing after FMLA: Potentially legal but usually unwise
- How to comply with N.J.'s sweeping Whistle-Blower protection law
- Dayton gets unlikely help from union when courts try to force settlement
- Remind bosses: Employees approved for intermittent FMLA leave are entitled to take it
- Too small for FMLA? Don't be too sure