Could an oversized waistline put your future career at risk?
Career columnist Anita Bruzzese (www.45things.com/blog.php) says, “If you’re carrying too much weight—enough to be considered overweight or obese—then you’re a concern to employers.”
Studies have shown that not only do overweight workers have higher and health care costs, but also they are less productive. Also, a Wayne State University study last year found that overweight workers are viewed negatively.
As a result, it may affect a hiring manager’s decision.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must we interview men for our receptionist job?
- EEOC issues employer best practices on work/family balance
- EEOC sues San Antonio apartment company for race bias
- Must we rehire returning service members? We have already hired replacement workers