Many insurers offer free services that can cut your costs or make your business safer. Examples: Some offer free safety inspections and risk-analysis. Others provide free classes or training materials that explain how to bring your business into compliance with OSHA regulations and perform accident investigations. Plus, insurers typically partner with vendors to offer product discounts to policyholders. Call your insurer or check its Web site.
- Suspect medical excuse is bogus? Ask employee for a (real) doctor's note
- Stick with termination decision--and don't hint that you're open to reconsidering
- Manager's Checkup: Dealing with workplace grief
- Beware applicants who are really union organizers
- EEOC: Company illegally used credit, criminal records