The threat of more rigorous enforcement—the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) now has 250 more wage-and-hour cops—is yet another reason to double-check to see whether your exempt employees are truly exempt. Is nonexempt staff being paid for all hours worked?
The new hires at the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division represent a 33% increase in its investigative force.
- Headhunters Luring Your Staff? Fend 'Em Off With Tough Tactics
- Can you fire an employee for threatening suicide?
- Make the independent contractor vs. employee decision before you bring person on board
- Want a promotion? Let the boss know
- Good news: Discussion of discipline that doesn't name names is not defamation