Laid-off Daimler Trucks North America workers at the company’s Gastonia plant are eligible for assistance under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act (TAAA).
The TAAA was enacted to provide extended unemployment to workers who lose their jobs because of competition from imported products.
Daimler announced layoffs of 2,137 Charlotte-area workers in January 2009. To date, about 200 have been called back to work.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Disabled workers can collect unemployment if denied accommodations they ask for
- Ohio Supreme Court places limits on public-Policy terminations
- No unemployment comp for job lost due to absenteeism
- Comp and benefits to the fore in retaining great staff