Laid-off Daimler Trucks North America workers at the company’s Gastonia plant are eligible for assistance under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Act (TAAA).
The TAAA was enacted to provide extended unemployment to workers who lose their jobs because of competition from imported products.
Daimler announced layoffs of 2,137 Charlotte-area workers in January 2009. To date, about 200 have been called back to work.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we charge higher premiums for smokers' health insurance?
- Check accuracy of workers' comp calculations to avoid penalties
- How to help employees understand the value of their benefits
- The new tax law: What's in it for you and your business