On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Contractor or employee? New IRS audits turn up heat on worker misclassification
- Beware the cat's paw: How innocent decisions create liability
- Avoid arbitrary policy on reinstating job titles
- Counting paid time off as FMLA leave? Tell worker you're running them concurrently