On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- Are you ill prepared? 13 steps to stay ahead of the H1N1 virus
- Set crystal-Clear rules governing employee absences
- Too small for FMLA? Think again; you may be an 'integrated employer'
- Don't just rubber-Stamp manager's termination recommendation
- 3 federal tests: Are workers employees or independent contractors?