On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No accommodation request, no unemployment benefits
- Tell managers: No campaign to 'get' employee allowed
- Does FMLA apply to same-sex spouses who don't live in states that recognize same-sex marriage?
- Prepare to justify termination by citing business reasons unrelated to FMLA leave