On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- Proceed with caution when making health-related inquiries
- For new mom with very ill baby, what are our FMLA and unemployment obligations?
- Ensure FMLA eligibility before approving leave
- Am I permitted to communicate directly with employees' medical professionals?
- Employee's resignation stops your FMLA obligation