On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't deduct FMLA leave from hours worked when calculating absenteeism ratio
- Don't let a scheduling conflict prompt reservists' discipline, firing
- Top 10 FMLA compliance problems under the new regulations
- ABCs of FMLA: 9 new compliance rules