On Nov. 23, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement issued an opinion letter stating that employers may deduct vacation and sick leave banks for
You can find the letter at www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/opinions/2009-11-23.doc.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware denying 'vacation' requests that are thinly disguised as FMLA leave
- After a brief FMLA leave, can we request a second opinion to make sure the worker is ready to return?
- Return FMLA leave-taker to equivalent job, no matter what
- Warn supervisors against commenting on FMLA use