Q. Before an employee left for
A. Employees who return from leave “must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.” If the new job is substantially equivalent, then you have met your obligation.
Assuming that you are paying her the same as you did before and providing her with the same benefits, the question would be whether changing her job responsibilities by eliminating the administrative assistant functions fundamentally changes the job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are the basics of complying with the new Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act?
- Catch Fishy FMLA Requests With the 3 R's
- When supervisors leave subordinates in tears, don't hesitate to demote or fire them
- Set limits on employees' music before it becomes a problem