Q. Before an employee left for
A. Employees who return from leave “must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.” If the new job is substantially equivalent, then you have met your obligation.
Assuming that you are paying her the same as you did before and providing her with the same benefits, the question would be whether changing her job responsibilities by eliminating the administrative assistant functions fundamentally changes the job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Conducting a do-it-yourself audit of your company policies
- Beware: You're now strictly liable for supervisor harassment
- Employee lawsuits set record! How to tame the outbreak
- Motivating in a void: Prevent 'survivor syndrome' in yourself and your team