Q. Before an employee left for
A. Employees who return from leave “must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.” If the new job is substantially equivalent, then you have met your obligation.
Assuming that you are paying her the same as you did before and providing her with the same benefits, the question would be whether changing her job responsibilities by eliminating the administrative assistant functions fundamentally changes the job.
- Hispanic manager cannot object to diversity report
- Commute isn't on the clock, Even 100+ miles
- HR: Carefully review firing plans; courts will frown on 'rubber stamp'
- Employee may be gone, but e-mails requesting ADA accommodations must live on
- Can we require scheduling FMLA-covered medical appointments to suit our needs?