Q. Before an employee left for
A. Employees who return from leave “must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.” If the new job is substantially equivalent, then you have met your obligation.
Assuming that you are paying her the same as you did before and providing her with the same benefits, the question would be whether changing her job responsibilities by eliminating the administrative assistant functions fundamentally changes the job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Survey: Working women more stressed than men
- Feel free to discipline employees even if you discover wrongdoing during FMLA leave
- After a brief FMLA leave, can we request a second opinion to make sure the worker is ready to return?
- How many lawyers do we need? Lawsuit names company and individual managers