Q. Before an employee left for
A. Employees who return from leave “must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.” If the new job is substantially equivalent, then you have met your obligation.
Assuming that you are paying her the same as you did before and providing her with the same benefits, the question would be whether changing her job responsibilities by eliminating the administrative assistant functions fundamentally changes the job.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Track managers' deviation from rules to ensure there's no hidden discrimination
- Let the sun shine in—or you could wind up facing ADA liability
- Review past practices to judge FMLA leave request
- Make sure HR spending aligns with management goals