Q. Before an employee left for
A. Employees who return from leave “must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.” If the new job is substantially equivalent, then you have met your obligation.
Assuming that you are paying her the same as you did before and providing her with the same benefits, the question would be whether changing her job responsibilities by eliminating the administrative assistant functions fundamentally changes the job.
- Will the EEOC audit your Internet and campus hiring practices?
- What should we do when an employee provides conflicting FMLA certification notes?
- Move up by focusing on big picture, not just HR
- Employee fails to pay premium while on FMLA leave: When can you drop coverage?
- IT firm shows appreciation every day for a week