1. More than half (58%) of teenagers say they would consider _________ as a criteria when weighing a job offer.
a. The “social conscious” of the potential employer
b. The ability to text, tweet and Facebook at work
c. The ability to turn the job into a long-term career
2. One in four workers say they don’t pay attention at work to:
b. Open enrollment for benefits changes
c. The boss
3. Just over a third (34%) of 450 office workers surveyed said they planned to give their boss a gift this holiday season. Which gender was most likely to give?
c. No difference
4. What’s the best day and time to schedule a workplace meeting that people are most likely to be available to attend?
a. Friday at 10 a.m.
b. Wednesday at noon
c. Tuesday at 3 p.m.
5. President Obama signed a bill recently that expands extra to:
a. Military families
b. Employees of financially troubled companies
c. Registered Democrats
6. What percentage of U.S. workers say they’d fire their boss if given the option?
Sources: 1. Junior Achievement/Deloitte survey; 2. CareerBuilder survey; 3. OfficeTeam survey; 4. When Is Good online scheduling report; 5. www.theHRSpecialist.com; 6. Adecco survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. b 4. c 5. a 6. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Think lawsuit won't materialize? Test theory on calendar
- Tame the paper: Creating a system for daily records management
- ADA: You may not have to honor employee's request for gradual return to work
- Breaching employment contract can nullify noncompete clause