Looking to offer employees a feel-good perk that doesn't cost you anything? Set up a program that lets employees buy home personal computers through payroll deduction.
Good resource: PurchasingPower (www.purchasingpower.com) offers a program that links companies with major PC makers and sets up the payroll deduction with no credit checks and no interest for 12 months. It costs employers nothing, nor do employers retain any financial liability.
- Get ready for the IRS employment-tax audit blitz starting in February
- Costs rise as workers skimp on health care
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Do you really need to offer that employee benefit?
- Health care reform: California weighs in on essential health benefits
- How to challenge an unemployment claim