As a mother of three kids herself, Juli Spottiswood says “work and home balance is a core part of who we are” at
Parents with sick children are encouraged to stay home with them; the Lewisville, Texas, organization provides employees with the technology to access company files from home. Flexible schedules are a given, Spottiswood says.
“The overarching theme woven into the fabric of our culture is that we want to do the right thing—for our clients, our customers and most importantly, our employees,” says Spottiswood.
To that end, the organization pays 90% of each of its 165 employees’ health care costs and 100% for dental and vision insurance. It has a quarterly bonus plan and issues stock options. And it hosts a big party for the families of employees every year.
Plus, the firm has its own health club, and employees celebrate holidays such as Halloween and Thanksgiving with office parties and lunches.
A formal mentoring program pairs up-and-comers with seasoned employees for six months of advice. And nearly every employee donates time—on the clock—to one of the organization’s community outreach activities.
“At the heart of your company are your employees, so you better take care of them,” says Spottiswood.
Contact: Juli Spottiswood, (972) 538-3900.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Writing performance reviews: What NOT to say
- Florida's climate is right for overtime lawsuits; build your defense
- Be your own banker: Secure interest-free loans from your company
- Developing Leaders: What's all the fuss about Gen Y?