Here are two ways to use smartphones to make daily tasks easier:
1. Track your expenses with an iPhone application from Shoeboxed. (See "A better solution than the shoebox.") Use your iPhone camera to take a picture of any receipt, and Shoeboxed converts it to data and automatically adds it to your ledger on Shoeboxed.com. Cost: Free app; $9.95 per month for service.
2. Map your way. Move over, TomTom. Phone-based navigation systems are becoming more popular, says Forrester Research. Google already offers a free GPS for mobile phones, part of its Google Maps for Mobile package. Initially available only on Motorola’s Droid phone, it will be expanded to more phones soon. More free navigation services to follow.
- Exception to the rule: You can ask internal and external applicants different questions
- How strategic are you? An 8-question test
- Tough times = stressed-out staff: 10 tips to ease their pain
- Yes to Christmas tree and no to menorah does not religious discrimination make
- Stay competitive by aligning benefits with staff expectations