Do women have to be better than men to succeed in the workplace?
Nearly half (45%) of all working women answered “yes” in a survey by Cisco and Gender IQ. Only 26% of men agreed with the statement.
Is ability more important than personality in the workplace? 53% of men said “yes” vs. 39% of women.
In a conflict at work, would you confront the situation face to face? 73% of men said yes vs. 63% of women.
How long does it take to recover from ? 41% of women said “more than a month” vs. 25% of men.
Women were slightly more demanding than men about what is important in a job, with 79% saying training is important, compared with 73% of men, and 75% seeking flexible hours, compared with 69% of men.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Finding the work/life balance in your life
- Regularly review exempt status to avoid FLSA 'job creep'
- Grass getting greener: 7 tips for post-recession recruiting
- Good-faith treatment for all is good policy, and good protection against lawsuits, too