Suggestion boxes seem like such a good idea! They’re an easy way to solicit employee input. They send the message that
Our friends at CareerBuilder.com recently asked managers nationwide to share the most memorable requests or recommendations they’ve received in the office suggestion box.
- Add a tanning bed to the break room.
- Allow people to change clothes in their cubicles.
- Put beer in the vending machine.
- Cover jail time in the policy.
- Allow employees to work only during daylight hours, because some might be scared of the dark.
- Establish a special smoking area for medical marijuana.
- Institute bikini Fridays.
- Let me have more time off so I can pursue my side business as a clown.
- Replace my desk with a futon so I can lie down and work.
- Install a swimming pool.
- Hold the next team meeting in Hawaii.
- Allow everyone to take naps in the gliding chair in the lactation room.
- Tell the HR person to wear nicer shoes.
OK, some of those aren’t so bad after all. Has your suggestion box yielded any good ones lately? Let us know by commenting below.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10678/suggestion-box-winners-beer-bikinis-and-then-maybe-a-nap "
- Don't let petty grievances cost you sleep: They seldom cause discrimination liability
- No charges, but woman loses 2 jobs after bridge collapse
- How to comply with your new union posting requirements
- Beware disciplining worker who has claimed harassment
- Prepare for even more disclosure of exec compensation