Some HR departments are notorious for keeping every stack of paper indefinitely, while others fail to keep enough. Neither approach is acceptable, and it’s up to you to maintain a happy medium that complies with the law. Proper record-keeping is one of an HR professional’s core duties. Knowing what legally must be kept and for how long are important aspects of that duty.
- An honest mistake won't sink you
- Making Transfers: Prepare to Prove New Job Isn't a Dead-End
- It's time for a talk if you've heard a boss has been disparaging disabled employees
- Fort Wayne dealership must pay $1.1 million for retaliation
- Motivating in a void: Prevent 'survivor syndrome' in yourself and your team