Many employers make it easy for employees to swap shifts if they consider their hours undesirable or inconvenient. Employers may do this by preparing the schedule well ahead of time and posting it where employees can easily see it. That makes it easy for
Such a system goes a long way toward maintaining good morale. It also eliminates lots of scheduling headaches, and—if handled consistently—lessens the threat of litigation over alleged favoritism by the scheduling manager.
As an additional plus, a shift-swap policy may also be all you need to win a religious accommodation lawsuit. That’s what happened in one recent case.
Recent case: Kimberly Bloom describes herself as a born-again Christian. She claims her former employer, the Aldi grocery store chain, refused to accommodate her religious belief that it’s a sin to work o...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Benedictine Health Services settles accommodations suit
- Interview and consider applicants even if they're receiving SSD payments
- Survival-mode comp strategies could be good for business
- Is employee really disabled? Use common sense