What health-related questions can you ask employees about H1N1 (swine flu)? Can you keep employees away from the office for health reasons? What types of ADA accommodations must you grant during a pandemic?
The EEOC just published a new Q&A fact sheet, Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the ADA, that explains these answers and more. Find it at www.eeoc.gov/facts/pandemic_flu.html.
- When applicant has more experience, be prepared to justify hiring someone else
- Win discrimination cases by showing that your rules apply equally to everyone
- Even 'indirect' victims of bias can sue
- Warn bosses: Shut up about working women!
- Employee resigns in the middle of litigation? Courts unlikely to order you to change policies