What health-related questions can you ask employees about H1N1 (swine flu)? Can you keep employees away from the office for health reasons? What types of ADA accommodations must you grant during a pandemic?
The EEOC just published a new Q&A fact sheet, Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the ADA, that explains these answers and more. Find it at www.eeoc.gov/facts/pandemic_flu.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Think twice before setting 'English-only' rule; courts view complaints as protected activity
- HR's New Year's resolutions: The top 10 to-do's in 2010
- Unionized? You may be able to use progressive discipline to address some forms of harassment
- Discrimination claims are up in North Carolina