What health-related questions can you ask employees about H1N1 (swine flu)? Can you keep employees away from the office for health reasons? What types of ADA accommodations must you grant during a pandemic?
The EEOC just published a new Q&A fact sheet, Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the ADA, that explains these answers and more. Find it at www.eeoc.gov/facts/pandemic_flu.html.
- When employee requests religious accommodation, be sure to consider all possible options
- Defend discipline with detailed records
- Don't get burned by 'cat's paw' liability: When employee complains, beware boss retaliation
- 10 minutes well-spent: Audit your employee bulletin board
- Was color an issue in search for 'Abercrombie look'?