What health-related questions can you ask employees about H1N1 (swine flu)? Can you keep employees away from the office for health reasons? What types of ADA accommodations must you grant during a pandemic?
The EEOC just published a new Q&A fact sheet, Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the ADA, that explains these answers and more. Find it at www.eeoc.gov/facts/pandemic_flu.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be patient and scrupulously fair when dealing with litigious employee who has complained
- You won't work Sundays?! EEOC guide explains religious accommodations
- ADA, Ohio disability-Discrimination laws don't cut off other state claims
- Don't 'call in sick' to avoid employment-tax obligation