Some disabilities require the use of medications with side effects. If one of those is sleepiness and fatigue, employers may have to accommodate those. That’s why it’s crucial for you to begin the interactive process as soon as you learn that an employee is having trouble because of the medication he uses. The worst thing you can do is to simply terminate him because he nodded off.
- Employer beats EEOC in credit-history fight
- Can we require 'English-only' at work? Foreign-language chatter is affecting morale
- Target misses mark with multicultural training
- Balance FMLA and ADA rights to avoid potential trouble
- ADA alert: Define essential job functions before anyone requests reasonable accommodations