Q. Our company is purchasing used equipment from one of our suppliers. Can we deduct the full cost under
A. Yes. The applies to used equipment, as well as new equipment, up to the maximum allowance of $250,000 for tax years beginning in 2009. But the deduction is otherwise limited to your taxable income from the business. Plus, the maximum Section 179 deduction for 2009 is reduced on a dollar-for-dollar basis for assets placed in service costing more than $800,000.
Tip: The 50% bonus is available only for new equipment.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Reap the tax benefits you sow: capital gains, losses
- Recession ripening the office grapevine? 3 communication tips to keep employees on track
- Can we deduct hourly FMLA leave for exempt staff?
- Survey: Is it wrong to cheat on taxes?